Grateful

Today is one of those often frequented when I am overwhelmed at the miracle and blessing of our little Maci girl. I'm so thankful for this incredible gift!

I love her sweet soft skin and hugs I don't want to let go of.
 I love her love for others.  (even though she does hit sometimes...sorry, friends)
 
 I love her big blue eyes, white blonde hair, and how she poses and entertains like nobody's business.
I love her mischeviousness and sense of humor.
And of course, I love her laugh and beautiful smile.

God is so good to me and reminds me so so often of how He is our redeemer, our gift-giver, our sustainer, our power to endure and overcome, our defender, Father, mighty hand, security...

I have this amazing neighbor. Everyone probably hears me talk about her sometime, but I have no doubt if for no other reason at all, we moved to this house for this relationship. Anyway, I love the conversations we have, in that we always learn something new about one another, and we always end up encouraging and uplifting one another. We were talking today, and once again our personal stories came up, and I made the comment that we just never know about people--we all have a story. God reminds me often through her of the similarities in our stories, and it's kind of a flash ahead watching her since she's a few years ahead of me. What a gift. Thank you, Lord.

And though of I've never written about it, last fall when I miscarried, I drew much support and strength through amazing women God put beside me to hold me up. Family and friends who saw me cry from my depths like they'd never seen before and who continually lifted my arms (like the story of Moses) when I just didn't have the strength.  And even through that, I'm reminded of what a miracle that little one was to conceive as well.  I'm so so thankful.

I'm overwhelmed at His goodness, His faithfulness to never leave us and to hold us with His righteous right hand!  I'm so grateful that He gives us one another to live this life with...that even as we are on this journey, whether at times it seems tough or easy as pie, He is always drawing us closer to Him, giving us something to relate to one another through, building our character and our absolute dire need for Him!

I guess as I ponder what all I'm writing, the theme is gratefulness. To Him. For ALL He's done and continues to do.

If you're reading this, you should know I am grateful for you! He has blessed my life beyond imagination. I love embracing our uniqueness and our stories...because through these we are who we are AND He is who He is!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Laura C. Brandenburg said...

I know this post is older, but I just read it today, and it blessed me so much. You are an amazing example to me of what it means to give thanks in all circumstances. I love that verse in Ecc. I have it framed in my house--and I think I needed to be reminded of that again today. :)

Laura

Back
to top