He's still workin' on me...

I remember the old chorus to a song we use to sing growing up: "He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me."
Of course, He's always up to something! Praise you, Lord!
And thank you that you continue to work on me...I need it!
1)Selfishness: Man, I didn't know I had that much in me! But I do. God's really been revealing it to me, and of course when He does that He's willing to help get rid of it!
2)His Voice: He speaks, even in the most minute ways. It's so awesome because the Holy Spirit really does want to consume us, our thoughts, our actions, reminding us of the smallest things, prompting us to do or not to do, etc. Mmm, good! And along with this, He's been teaching me about being intentional--intentional in the big, the small, in actions, in life, paying attention to what I'm doing and not just strolling along. Mmm.
3)Judgments: He's continually bringing to my attention the comparison, judgments. God started on this one awhile back, when I read an excerpt from Kelly's Korner blog about mom's judging one another. There are things God's given us personal convictions about...the Holy Spirit is so personal. Along with that, many times there are many ways to do one thing.
4)Comfortableness: This can go along with judgments, because we all know we like what's comfortable for us, and if we see something that goes against that, we tend to judge it. Anyway, back to comfortableness, He's moving me out of some. And it's very obvious to me. Honestly, I'm so thankful...I can feel He's taking me to the next level in several areas, and it's like they just keep popping up (I know He's been getting me there thru the other things He's been working on in me). And I know moving me out of this comfortableness leads me into this next one...
4)A New Season: Yeah, I know we're about to become parents, which is totally a new season. But I can literally feel in my soul God taking me into a new season, thru the things He's been teaching me, yes, but also through a lot of other things.

The word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Heb. 4:12

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Prv. 3:5-6

I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me. Hab. 2:1

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great & mighty things, which you do not know. Jer. 33:3

For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Phil.2:13

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Fortner Family said...

Great post! Thank goodness He's still working on me!!

Back
to top